d

d

A Workshop in Middlesex

I often get asked to do flower demonstrations, but one of my favourite ways of catching up with other flower lovers is to conduct a workshop in their homes. Then everyone gets to play with the flowers!



Chiaki and her friends live in Middlesex but originally come from Japan, Malaysia and Austria - however they are all fans of English flowers. Chiaki first came across my books in Selfridges and she and I have been emailing each other ever since.

I could not have been made more welcome - especially as her friends all brought beautiful cakes with them. When I finally loaded my car up at the end of the day Chiaki sent me off with a bag of cakes in return for a promise to come back and run a Christmas workshop!


All the ladies created hand-tied posies and made arrangements and gifts using the flowers I had brought with me from Ted's shop. I think the favourite was the teacup filled with a blue and white posy.






I wanted to show how many different styles you can achieve by combining different colours with white.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've enjoied your books and as soon as possible I'll buy your last (but not least..) creation (in this moment is impossible for technical-internet-reason). Congratulations for your blog too: I love flowers and gardens, their colors, forms, scent and I think is one of the most relaxing and satisfactory hobby. To the next

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love to see what you got in your blog, they all beautiful, it's good for eyes to see..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails