d

d

Seasons of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness

Today is one of those glorious autumn days with gentle golden sunshine the colour of leaves. I decide to visit Stourhead, the National Trust garden near to my house - beautiful at any season but particularly so at this time of year. They also have a craft fair on this weekend and there are many friends to visit; on one table my friend Fiona has an old chandelier hung with soft, stripy alpaca hats. Just across from her stand her brother Gary is exhibiting highly seductive chain-mail jewelery that feels like liquid against your skin. (Gary who is a welder by profession - not your typical craft fair jeweler - has just been spotted by Swarovski and signed up as one of their designers. Which just goes to show you should never judge a book by the cover!)
I am glad to see on another stand Jennifer is exhibiting a collection of  vintage fabric hearts filled with lavender and old china rose-bud teacups planted with violas. I buy some of the teacups as I am staying away tonight and it will make a good thank you present. And if I keep quiet they might think I have made them myself!
Outside the National Trust shop are piles of pumpkins ready for Halloween. I wander in and find Pat the shop manager who is eager for news of my latest book. I love Pat, she has been hugely enthusiastic about my work from the very beginning and hers was one of the first shops to ever stock my books. We start to arrange a signing and decide that I shall come to her Christmas craft event on December 5th and conduct some flower demonstrations for visitors.
All in all it has been a very good day.
" Let misty autumn be our part,
The twilight of the year is sweet:
Where shadows and the darkness meet"
Ernest Dowson


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor
    were just preparing to do a little research

    on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post.


    I'm very glad to see such wonderful info being shared freely

    out there.
    Here is my site golfspain.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post and beautiful pics i always enjoyed your post and this is no exception thank a lot for beautiful post.
    Flower Delivery to Chennai

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails